Jenny Birz is a top-rated divorce lawyer practicing in New Jersey and New York. Jenny has been recognized as a “New Jersey Super Lawyer – Rising Stars” by New Jersey Monthly Magazine in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. Her practice is devoted entirely to all aspects of family and divorce law, which includes, child custody and support, alimony, equitable distribution, domestic violence, and all other aspects of divorce.
When choosing a divorce lawyer, it is important to not only select a tough negotiator, but also an experienced litigator. Over the years, Jenny has prevailed in many New York and New Jersey courts including Bergen County, Hudson County, Middlesex County, Union County, Somerset County, Morris County, Kings County, and New York County. Jenny has successfully served clients in Alpine, Cresskill, Demarest, Fort Lee, Paramus, Ridgewood, Glen Rock, Cliffside Park, Edgewater, Jersey City, Saddle Brook, Tenafly, Woodbridge, Edison, Westfield, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and many others.
Jenny earned her Bachelor of Arts from New York University and her Juris Doctor from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. Following her graduation from law school, she completed a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Barry A. Weisberg, J.S.C., in the Family Part in Middlesex County.
Jenny Birz’s complete profile, client reviews, peer endorsements, awards and recognitions, and additional background information may be viewed on Avvo, an independent legal organization.
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- New York
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York J.D. – 2009
- New York University, New York, New York B.A. magna cum laude with honors in History – 2006
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, 2009 – Present
- Middlesex County Bar Association, Co-Chair Young Lawyer’s Division, 2011 – 2013
HONORS & AWARDS
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Alpha Theta (International History Honor Society)
CLASSES & SEMINARS
- Moderator, Preparing an Effective Case Information Statement, Middlesex County Bar Association, 2012
- Speaker, Post-Judgment Motions, Middlesex County Bar Association, 2011